Saturday, April 25, 2009

Coachella 2009

Ahhh...Coachella. What an amazing music festival! I shot Coachella for Redefine Magazine. Matthieu Duquette, a talented writer and good friend of mine, is collaborating on the story with me. My friends and I all drove down to Indio, CA together to partake in the three day event and exciting festivities. The first night we arrived late, but were able to catch the entire set of Paul McCartney. I am so glad I can say I saw him perform in my lifetime, it was almost like watching the Beatles! That night we met a guy who needed to borrow my cell phone b/c his ride left him behind. We gave him a ride to his house about 10 minutes away and he ended up letting us camp out in his yard the next two nights. My friend got me free VIP passes on Saturday and then I got a backstage pass on Sunday! I got to hang and photograph MIA, Devendra Banhart, The Horrors, The Kills and many more. The Cure performed a 3 hour set and literally had their sound cut off by Coachella b/c of curfew. Overall it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back next year! Big thanks to Alex, Vivian, Guy, Carmen, Tommy & all the people who helped make this trip possible.









No comments: